Join The Student Walkout
On January 30th walk out of class on your campus or at your high school.
Betsy DeVos does not represent us. She has signed on to work for Donald Trump’s administration, thereby endorsing his comments, actions, and values.
We need a Secretary of Education that advocates for real accountable school choice. We need a Secretary that will be use the position to be an activist for the civil rights of all students.
If we can't get that Secretary, we’d rather the seat be unfilled. We will resist.
What do you do?
- On January 30th @ 1PM EST/12PM CST/10AM PST -- WALKOUT!
- Go to your school or campuses organized meeting point (see state event for details).
- Scream your damn lungs out. Chant. Bring Signs.
- Post pictures/videos of the walkout using #TossDevos.
- Call your Senators: We only need 3 Rep. Senators to change their votes to stop DeVos from being confirmed. During the walkout call these Senators and ask them to vote NO:
- Susan Collins (ME) 207.622.8414..&..202.224.2523
- Lamar Alexander (TN) 615.736.5129..&..202.224.4944
- Lisa Murkowski (AK) 907.586.7277..&..202.224.6665
- Johnny Isakson (GA) 770.661.0999..&..202.224.3643
- Orrin Hatch (UT) 801.524.4380..&..202.224.5251
- Richard Burr (NC) 336.631.5125..&..202.224.3154
- Michael Enzi (WY) 202.224.3424
- Dr. Bill Cassidy (LA) 202.224.5824
- Pat Roberts (KS) 202.224.4774
- Tim Scott (SC) 202.224.6121
- Rand Paul (KY) 202.224.4343
Click your state and RSVP. We're looking for volunteers to help organize.